Location: Room 201, Ashworth Laboratories
University Edinburgh (2005-2008)
- BSc (Hons, 1st Class) in Immunology
University Edinburgh (2008-2009)
- MSc by Research (Life Sciences): Wellcome Trust 4 year PhD Programme, ‘The Cellular and Molecular Basis of Disease’
University of Edinburgh (2009-Present)
- PhD Student (2009-2012): Laboratory of Dr. A. MacDonald, IIIR. Wellcome Trust 4 year PhD Programme, ‘The Cellular and Molecular Basis of Disease’
- Postdoctoral Research Associate (2012-present)
I am interested in the alternative activation of the immune system, specifically dendritic cells, in the context of parasitic worm infection.
- Jones, L.H., Cook, P.C., Jenkins, S.J., Wynn, T.A., Allen, J.E. and MacDonald, A.S. (2012)
- Alternatively activated dendritic cells regulate CD4+ T cell polarization in vitro and in vivo. P.N.A.S. 109: 9977-9982.
- Jenkins, S.J., Ruckerl, D., Cook, P.C., Jones, L.H., Finkelman, F.D., van Rooijen, N., MacDonald, A.S. and Allen, J.E. (2011)
- Local macrophage proliferation, rather than recruitment from the blood, is a signature of Th2 inflammation. Science. 332: 1284-1288.
- Phythian-Adams, A.T., Cook, P.C., Lundie, R.J., Jones, L.H., Smith, K.A., Barr, T.A., Hochweller, K., Anderton, S.A., Hammerling, G.J., Maizels, R.M. and MacDonald, A.S. (2010)
- CD11c depletion severely disrupts Th2 induction and development in vivo. Journal of Experimental Medicine. 207(10):2089-96.
- Elise Darmon, John K. Eykelenboom, Frederic Lincker, Lucy H. Jones, Martin White, Ewa Okely, John K. Blackwood and David R. Leach. (2010).
- E. coli SbcCD and RecA control chromosomal rearrangement induced by an interrupted palindrome. Molecular Cell. 39: 59-70.